Polished concrete floors have become increasingly common in many homes. They look great—minimalist and sleek. They’re also incredibly durable.
Polished concrete can fit right into a domestic setting. It has a clean and sharp look that can be nicely softened with the right furniture and décor.
Polished concrete flooring is one of the most versatile floor options out there. It can work for modern kitchens & sophisticated living rooms. Here is why we think a polished concrete floor is the great choice.
- Polished concrete has a stark look that makes small spaces seem large. There are no grout lines like with tile or joining seams like with floorboards, which means that a polished concrete floor is just one unbroken sheet of material.
- In sunnier spaces, the concrete will help lighten the space.
- Concrete is incredibly easy to clean since there are no cracks or crevices for dirt to hide in. It’s a great choice for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of time or energy to clean.
- You don’t have to worry about dealing with allergies if you have a polished concrete floor. Dust, dirt, pollen, and other allergens have a difficult time sticking to the smooth polished concrete texture.
- A polished concrete floor is incredibly durable. They can take the toughest treatment and still look good for years.
- High trafficked areas on a polished concrete floor don’t become discolored like they do with wood or carpeted floors.
|To avoid open plan areas looking starke, layer the floor with different textured furniture & rugs. This not only warm underfoot but also helps define define separate areas or rooms|
|Polished concrete has the addition advantage of free heating. When combined with large windows & ranch sliders, it absorbs the heat from the sun during the day & then releases it at night pumping warmth into your home.||
A polished concrete floor is a versatile option with a lot of opportunities for personalization. This tough flooring option the perfect low maintenance choice for a modern home